FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION!
Pick a group dinner or activity…or create your own!
Choose your own activity! Get a group together for drinks and dinner, check out a story slam, a local screening, concert, music, performance (at a shoe store!). Invite a speaker for a drink! Take a walk around the lake, soak up the sunset, and drop in to any one of a number of places for some great local or international cuisine. Smiley has found us some neighborhood restaurant discounts, cool stuff to do and local shows that will give you some real East Bay flavor:
- Get your Sports on: Soccer matches, beer & couches at the Parkway Theater
- Art + Walking: Stroll Jack London Square and pop into Pro Arts Gallery
- Hear Music: The Growlers at the Fox Theater
- Discover SoleSpace: a progressive shoe store + performance space featuring A Place To Land (an oakland love story) at 8PM
- Wine Tasting at Rosenblum Cellars: overlooking the water at Jack London Square! Open till 9PM
- Cinema at Starline! Lamb is Ethiopia’s first selection in the Cannes Festival, and is brought to you by MATATU Festival of Stories, FistUp Film Festival, the UMOJA Festival, and Blackbuster Film Festival! Screens at 8pm
- Restaurant/Bar Round Up: Check out Old Oakland for some great places: Desco, Cosecha, Tamarindo, Swans Market, District, Tambo and others!
Smiley’s Top Ten Lists with links & conference discounts coming soon – stay tuned!
Location: Various Locations
Date: Saturday, June 11, 2016
Time: 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm